Hours: approximately 10 days per annum to attend board meetings, sub-committee meetings, annual away days and ad-hoc trustee panels
Salary: the role is unpaid but out of pocket expenses are reimbursed
To apply: Please e-mail your CV and a brief statement (of no more than 250 words) outlining why you are right for the role to email@example.com
Closing date: 31 August 2016
Interviews: evenings of 6 & 8 September 2016
Meet the trustees event: 21 September 2016
Islington Play Association is a vibrant, proactive children’s charity. Our aim is simple - to create, provide, improve and protect places for Islington's children to play.
IPA believes that play is what children do when they are allowed freedom to explore their world. Our services are unique exciting places where no two days are the same. Expect to be amazed and inspired by the depth and breadth of the innovative and original ideas of children at play. Help us to facilitate that play by being part of the governance that makes it all possible.
IPA runs six adventure playgrounds, including one specifically designed for disabled children, Paradise Park Children’s Centre and a myriad of other play-focused projects across the borough.
As we look for new ways to bring in funding and remain sustainable in a time of reducing budgets and increasing needs, we are looking for resourceful, creative and committed people to strengthen our Board of Trustees.
We are currently seeking three trustees who:
• want to support adventure play and other children's activities in Islington
• have personal integrity, are responsible, think independently, have common sense and vision
• have expertise in one of the following areas: playwork (adventure playgrounds a bonus), HR, finance, fundraising and voluntary sector governance
• have experience of play either as children’s playworkers or parents or carers
• have a particular interest in ensuring that play is as open to and beneficial to all children, regardless of ability, race, gender, etc
You will be joining a highly respected organisation in the world of play delivering excellent, high quality children’s services informed by the theories of playwork and be part of making a real difference for the children of Islington.