Become a member application
If you believe in children's right to play, and you live or work in the Greater London area, we encourage you to become a member of London Play and help us improve the play opportunities for all children in the capital. Membership is free of charge. As a member, you can help govern the organisation and therefore contribute to its outcomes. You will also be the first to receive updates on our work and discounts on our events and services. (Full terms are given overleaf.)
Terms of membership
Membership of London Play is open to organisations in Greater London, and to individuals who live or work in Greater London.
London Play’s mission, aims and objectives
To enhance the development and education of children in the Greater London area by developing and supporting the provision of children’s play, primarily by:
- improving the quality, diversity and accessibility of play opportunities in London;
- raising awareness of the importance of play in the development of London’s children;
- promoting co-operation and co-ordination amongst the play sector in London; developing a network of local play support agencies in every London borough.
- Principal rights and privileges of members
- To vote at the Annual General Meeting: organisational members have two (2) votes;
- individual members have one (1) vote;
- To stand for election to the board of trustees;
- To nominate members for election to the board of trustees;
- To call an Emergency General Meeting;
- To propose a motion;
- Privileges will be set on an annual basis and relate to access to, and purchase of,
- goods and services.
Conditions of membership
- Members agree to pay £1 each if the company becomes insolvent.
- Applicants for membership must subscribe to London Play’s mission, aims and objectives, and agree to abide by the Equality, Diversity and Empowerment Policy.
Equality, Diversity and Empowerment Policy
London Play is committed to ensuring that the principles of equality, diversity and empowerment are at the core of all its work.
The full policy can be downloaded from our website: http://www.londonplay.org.uk
Alternatively, you can request a copy by calling us on 020 7272 5174.
Cancellation of membership
Your membership will remain active indefinitely, unless you choose to cancel it. To cancel
your membership, please contact us in writing.