How we can help
If you are a council officer or elected member and are interested in seeing play streets liven up your borough, please feel free to contact us.
In many parts of London, play streets are up and running and councils are set up to take applications from interested residents.
If you are a London resident who is interested in starting a play street, London Play can offer you help and support. We can:
- Provide materials explaining the benefits of play and play streets to your neighbours and local councillor(s)
- Attend residents’ meetings to address people's questions and concerns
- Provide advice on the practicalities involved and also identifying and tackling any challenges that could arise in your street
- Advise on the policies and procedures which apply in your part of London
- In areas where councils have already enacted play street policy or procedures, support residents in submitting applications and dealing with sundry bureaucracy and paperwork
- Where councils are yet to enact play street policy or procedures, support residents in lobbying their council to put such policies in place
- Provide downloadable resources to help you get your play street off the ground (see below and here)
- In some areas, we can even provide small amounts of funding to help you turbo-charge your play street with activities or items which promote play.
Please give us a call or drop us an email and we'll take it from there!